U.S. National Ice Center Products
These are the main products produced by the U.S. National Ice Center (NIC).
- Products on Demand (wideband connection required)
An interactive display of current daily and weekly products. (Requires Silverlight plug-in.)
- Antarctic Icebergs on Demand (wideband connection required)
An interactive display of icebergs around the Antarctic continent. (Requires Silverlight plug-in.)
- Daily Ice Analysis Products
The daily ice edge and text message products for both the Arctic and Antarctic, as well as the Marginal Ice Zone (MIZ) and SPAROS messages for the Arctic region.
- Recent Daily KML Files
KMZ (compressed KML) files from the recent Marginal Ice Zone (MIZ) daily products for both poles.
- Radarsat Wind KML Files
- Weekly/Bi-Weekly Ice Analysis Products
The weekly analysis products for the Arctic, Antarctic, and Alaska areas.
- Ice Edge GRIB Files
Recent daily ice edge files around Alaska and within the Great Lakes, in GRIB format. Great Lakes files are discontinued when the Lakes are ice free.
- Snow and Ice
IMS snow and ice products.
- Multisensor Analyzed Sea Ice Extent
Northern hemisphere sea ice coverage for the last four weeks, updated daily.
- Chesapeake Bay / Delaware Bay / Potomac River
Periodic analysis of key waterways in the North-Eastern US.
- Great Lakes
Charts, forecasts, and other products covering the Great Lakes.
- Polar Ice Extent Archive:
Year-at-a-glance or month-at-a-glance graphs of polar ice extent, for a single year or groups of years together.
- NAIS Ice Outlooks and Forecasts
Seasonal outlooks and ice forecasts for North America.
- Antarctic Icebergs
A tabular listing of icebergs in the Antarctic.
- Arctic Icebergs
Go to the U.S. Coast Guard's International Ice Patrol Web Site.
- 15-Day WISIF Graphs
- 15-day graphs of average daily air temperature and theoretical ice thickness derived from WISIF reports generated by the Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center (FNMOC).
- The Egg Code
A description and explanation of the WMO Egg Code used to describe the sea ice configuration and conditions in various products.
NOTE: New updates temporarily unavailable.
Last Data Update was the week of 17Feb2013